Pioneer, changemaker, speaker, author, mother.
Kate is an award-winning dietitian and nutrition pioneer who has helped millions of eaters discover and fall in love with foods that power a healthy life. She is the author of Go Green, Get Lean: Trim Your Waistline with the Ultimate Low Carbon Footprint Diet (Rodale), a columnist for Clean Eating Magazine, and a global thought leader in her field who is forging future conversations around foods that are good for people and our planet. She has shared her expertise and insights on how these opportunities are rapidly reshaping everything from healthcare to the grocery store with professional, executive and consumer audiences worldwide.
Kate collaborates with forward-thinking companies and organizations to transform the food system, empower eaters, and build a more sustainable future.
A fresh approach.
Kate's thoughtful approach and unique vantage point come from nearly 2 decades of experience as one of the country's leading nutrition experts. She brings deep communications know-how, an understanding of consumer behavior, food trends and breakthrough innovations, as well as broad cross-category experience. This unique skill set is the reason she is sought out time and again by today's top food leaders and change-making organizations.
When she’s not focusing on food, she can be found skiing, mountain biking, or hiking with her family in the mountains of Utah, feeling up local produce at the farmer’s market, or sneaking regular doses of high quality chocolate.
- 2016: Winner: Hunger and Environmental Nutrition Leadership Excellence Award-The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2016: Launched "A Greener You" column with - Clean Eating Magazine
- 2015: One of a handful of RDs worldwide invited to serve on the Council of Directors of the True Health Initiative along with David Katz, Andrew Weil, Deepak Chopra, Sanjay Gupta, Alice Waters and other leaders.
- 2014: Winner: Outstanding Nutrition Entrepreneur - The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2013: Named one of the “Top 10 Registered Dietitians Making a Difference” - Today’s Dietitian Magazine
- 2012: Medical Advisory Board Member, the Emmy-award winning The Dr. Oz Show (2012-2014).
Want more? Early Years...and other stuff
Kate honed her nutrition communication skills early in her career creating weight loss and nutrition programs for clients such as GE Aircraft, Rebook International, Sun Microsystems, PricewaterhouseCoopers and the Yankee Candle Company. As an exclusive nutrition vendor to Tufts and Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare plans, Kate’s company developed innovative culinary, nutrition and weight loss programs that reached thousands of employees across New England.
With this strong background in corporate wellness, Kate has been a sought after speaker for companies including Goldman Sachs, YPO, Honeywell International, Amgen Pharmaceuticals, and Citi Street helping their “human capital” thrive by through discovering higher levels of energy, performance and health.
Kate graduated magna cum laude from Middlebury College and holds a Masters Degree in Nutrition and Health Promotion from Simmons College. At age 22, she bought a 1 way ticked to Italy and went to work at a cooking school in Florence …learning Italian and picking up some tasty cooking skills along the way.
CV Available upon Request
Media Kit Available Upon Request